Wednesday, January 4, 2012

blond or red

So I saw a picture of myself tonight when my hair was blond...not the bleached experiment...just the ol' visit the salon every 6-8 weeks high lite. I sometimes miss it. Not the maintenance, just the look.

I wouldn't say I had more fun as a blond.
I think if I had no hair we'd have fun. I think blond exudes an understood charm, the way you expectvevery Southerner to offer sweet tea and biscuits. Also, an outdoorsy all Americanesque who's up for an adventure feel.approachable. non threatening.

Now, I'm a dark redhead. Red is my natural colr although age, ahem, has made it on the mousier side, i experiment anywhere from medium red to chestnut auburn to Burgundy. My dominant. Irish background and fair skin compliments the red(s) and the curly,copious voluminous is like a Celtic freak side show...
Ive been harassed more often for my natural look than there are blond jokes. Harassed more often than as a blond - and yeah, sometimes it's sexually charged but more often just rude.
Yes its all mine.
I will never dread it, thankyou...love my dreddy friends...just not for me.
They're not extensions.
To the best of my knowledge,my family didn't own slaves and great great great gpa
ppy was not fucking the help behind the shed.(I'm not making that up.)

yes, redheads are wild and quite talented at many things.
yes, I have a temper but I'm not a landmine - I'm human.

And lastly, any woman, anywhere, will always, to the best of her abilities make sure that the drapes compliment the carpet.

1 comment: